It’s easy to apply for the Saginaw Promise.
Complete the Saginaw Community Foundation (SCF) on-line scholarship application (available online December 3, 2021-submission deadline is February 15, 2022) and complete FAFSA on-line at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ (starting October 1, 2021).
Note: When completing the scholarship application, applicants should review all available scholarships and check off those scholarships that pertain to applicant.
*To be considered for Saginaw Promise Scholarship, student must check off Saginaw Promise and respond to two questions; length of residency and length of school attendance within Promise Zone.
- Students, their parents and/or their legal guardians, must reside within the boundaries of the Saginaw Promise Zone which includes the cities of Saginaw and Zilwaukee and Kochville Township and the geographic boundaries of Buena Vista Township designated to the Saginaw Public School District
- Students must attend schools within the Saginaw Promise Zone and reside within the Promise Zone for at least three continuous years, with the final year being 12th grade.
- Students must complete annually FAFSA and the Saginaw Community Scholarship Application at scf.spectrumportal.net; (Deadline: February 15) for each of the two years they want to be considered for a Saginaw Promise scholarship.Students must graduate from an accredited high school within the Promise Zone.
- Students must be admitted and enrolled *full-time at an accredited public or private, postsecondary college, university or technical school within the state of Michigan. *Confirm what your educational institution considers full-time.
- Students must be enrolled in a program leading to a degree or certificate.
- Students have until the application deadline three years after graduating high school to apply for and to initiate use of the Promise Scholarship.
- Scholarships are pro-rated based upon the number of years K-12 attendance in the Saginaw Promise Zone.
- Eligibility for scholarships is two years and requires that a student reapply every year that they want to be considered for a scholarship.
- There is no GPA or income requirement.